[OM] OT: Auto boxes, was A rental car for Scotland

Subject: [OM] OT: Auto boxes, was A rental car for Scotland
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 11:35:25 +0100
Sorry, Chuck, I now understand.

Over the years I have come across designs in mechanical products which defy
belief.  When the F16 was first on sale, the Royal Aus Air Force turned it down
as a fighter as it had only one power supply (battery and generator).  By the
time I came to fly it there were 7 sources of power, principal and backup, for
the flying controls alone.