Re: [OM] Big Sharp and Little Sharp II [was Efex Pro vs PhotoMatix]

Subject: Re: [OM] Big Sharp and Little Sharp II [was Efex Pro vs PhotoMatix]
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 09:58:39 -0400
Not wishing to sound like a LR shill, but if one is exporting an image from LR4
to post on the web, one can set the program for low, medium or high degree of
screen sharpening. As I rule, because I've sharpened the original the way I
like it, I set screen sharpen to low and so far haven't been disappointed. Once
or twice I've re-exported and set it to medium, or moderate, or whichever it is.

Same is true with prints. LR4's output sharpening allows three levels of output
sharpening for either glossy or matte prints. Again, I'm usually satisfied with
the low setting. But since doing more black and white work, I've been paying
more attention to output sharpening and have upped the level on the Canson
Photographique Bayrta paper I've been using.

--Bob