Re: [OM] Cataract surgery, part deux

Subject: Re: [OM] Cataract surgery, part deux
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 15:57:52 -0700
Chuck, Chris, Joel:  Thanks for the encouragement, it really helps.

--Peter

> Good luck. Cataract surgery was a blessing for my own vision. Apart
from getting rid of a "yellow" world and
> turning everything blue again I gained 20-20 vision in both eyes for
distant vision. My only need for glasses is
> some +2 reading glasses available anywhere.
>

> Since the cameras that I actually use have dioptric correction I have
no need of glasses when using the
> viewfinder. But I usually do have to put the reading glasses on when
fiddling with external controls or reading an
> LCD although some controls, such as the mode dial, are large enough
that I can see well enough to change without
> glasses.
>

> But I don't have your childhood complication. Let's hope for you that
the new lens equalizes the focal lengths > of both eyes and gives you
better vision.

> I don't know why but I was never at all nervous over my cataract
surgery. Maybe it's because I've been through
  > several major surgeries requiring many weeks or months for recovery.
Cataract surgery was a piece of cake... in