Re: [OM] Fast Stone, was: E-400 Arrives

Subject: Re: [OM] Fast Stone, was: E-400 Arrives
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 15:23:36 -0500
> Ken is convinced that the Olympus CCD makes magic color.  I think post
> processing does the magic whether CCD or CMOS or whatever it is next year.

I completely disagree. I could list a myriad of reasons, but life is short.

Don't believe me? Let's ask Bob Adler what he thinks as he's gone
through the best of the best in CCD and CMOS cameras.

Your statement about post-processing could apply to the differences
between Kodachrome 64 and Fujichrome Velvia. Once scanned and
processed, all the magic is in post-processing. Right? Of course not.
Each technology actually "sees" differently. Some of this is
technology limited, some of it is engineer designed.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx