Re: [OM] Some E-400 Photos

Subject: Re: [OM] Some E-400 Photos
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 20:09:50 -0500
On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Joel,
>
> The house on the hillside, with garage doors leading into the bluff at a
> lower level, would be quite popular if it were in northern Alabama, along
> "Tornado Alley".  I have seen numerous ones dug into clay banks along the
> roadway.
>
> Just wonderin'.

Gotcha.  I'm not even sure his garage is used for his cars anymore.  The
road is one of the main routes into Iowa City, now four-laned whereas it
was two when the garage was built.  The road was flooded in 1993 and 2008,
which is a major nuisance, so there is a plan currently to raise the road,
which would mean the end of those garage doors.  There was a twister that
came through those woods and damaged some trees (mainly that needed to come
down in some cases -- that's how nature works) around 1997, and we had a
tornado run through the city in 2006, but we are so low being right on the
river that I think the worst stuff just goes over the top of us.

Joel W.