Re: [OM] New Mamiya 6 photo: Abandoned House awaiting demolition

Subject: Re: [OM] New Mamiya 6 photo: Abandoned House awaiting demolition
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 07:28:44 +0200
The photo is good. As for the other comment, I disagree. This is just an
ordinary old house, nothing special IMO. Just because something is old does not
mean that it is worth preserving. If people in the past had just wanted to
preserve THEIR past, we would not have many of our iconic buildings
today...what was on the site before the Empire State Building was built, for
example? Should it have been preserved instead?

Cities (and human landscape in general) are dynamic. They change and evolve.
London's skyline has changed enormously the past 20 years. The additions have
mostly improved the city. And so it goes.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain