Re: [OM] New Mamiya 6 photo: Abandoned House awaiting (now dangerous pla

Subject: Re: [OM] New Mamiya 6 photo: Abandoned House awaiting (now dangerous places)
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 09:56:14 -0500
On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When we lived in Chicago, I had a city map that blocked out all of the
> Cabrini Green neighborhood with a caution:  Do Not Enter.  We actually got
> lost in Chicago and ended up having a flat tire in Cabrini Green.  Several
> guys helped Tom change the tire and cautioned us to leave as quickly as
> possible and not return.
>
> Tina

And they were wise to tell you that.  Cabrini Green has long been known as
one of the worst housing-projects neighborhoods in Chicago.  It's been
cleaned up a bit in recent years, but that reputation was well-earned.

And it truly is one of those "wrong side of the tracks" cases.  Two blocks
away from CG are very nice neighborhoods....
--

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard