Re: [OM] Hibernating for a bit...

Subject: Re: [OM] Hibernating for a bit...
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 06:41:18 +0100
Yes, the CAP (and the Common Fisheries Policy) is a flawed system.  But
Thatcher's ideology was a divisive and selfish one which benefited her wealthy
chums at the expense of British society.  There was little sense in much of
what she achieved.  Her defeat of the coal miners was engineered to undermine
that part of society; her going to war over the Falklands was entirely
avoidable.

I was a political naif when I voted for her party, but I stopped when Major
took over.  Thatcher would have been much happier without a democracy . . .

Chris