[OM] TOPE 2, Night Pictures. Deadline Looming

Subject: [OM] TOPE 2, Night Pictures. Deadline Looming
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 02:03:32 -0500
I was wondering if everybody was napping. I suppose our Queen's English
Police Force would rather I write it 31 April. Personally, I prefer writing
it as April 31, because when spoken the "April" immediately defines the
context of the "31". When stated as "31 April" the problem is that the
listener is confronted with numbers without immediately knowing the
context. The brain is distracted trying to find meaning to the "31". 31
virgins? Area 31? Jack Benny's age? The number of flavors at the ice cream
shop? Where the Prime Minister lives? 31 lashes with a wet noodle? The
answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything?

April 31st? We've got all the time in the world, then.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx