Re: [OM] Hibernating for a bit..

Subject: Re: [OM] Hibernating for a bit..
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 01:51:18 +1200
John wrote
> I'm with Donald on this one. Thatchers' main legacy was to make the UK a
> much more selfish society. Her avowed aim was to destroy our manufacturing
> base and to turn us into a service and banking economy to the benefit of
> her banking cronies.

We had similar in New Zealand, under PM David Lange and his cronies
Roger Douglas and Richard Prebble, from 1984 to 1988; then taken over
eventually by Helen Clark ( who now leads a large part of UN) .

NZ became a nation of much more selfish people, the income range from
lowest to the top increased hugely, financial rip-offs increased hugely, and
there was an immense loss to the country of expertise as many
organisations were killed off..

Our current PM is a mealy-mouthed weasel.

Brian Swale