Re: [OM] Hibernating for a bit..

Subject: Re: [OM] Hibernating for a bit..
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 09:42:11 -0500
> We had similar in New Zealand, under PM David Lange and his cronies
> Roger Douglas and Richard Prebble, from 1984 to 1988; then taken over
> eventually by Helen Clark ( who now leads a large part of UN) .

I think it was more a sign of the times. It wasn't just the UK, or NZ
or the USA. This was a global thing as the baby boomers started
becoming the movers and shakers. This selfishness and greed is
squarely in line with that generation coming to power. Politicians,
surround themselves with young people who actually do all the grunt
work, writing of laws, etc., It was the baby boomer generation that is
responsible for enabling leaders like Thatcher and Reagan to do what
they did.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx