Re: [OM] Legacy glass on e-system cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] Legacy glass on e-system cameras
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 06:03:47 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>On 4/9/2013 5:30 PM, NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:
> > I'm sure I am doing something wrong, however can't sort it out.  I'm  using
> > my Tamron SP 300mm f2.8 with a Tamron 2X teleconverter (the proper one for
> > the lens and when I set the camera for A everything is overexposed.  When I
> >   set it for M and make the adjustments to show a good exposure, the same
> > over  exposed results occur.  I'm shooting at ISO 100.  Any ideas? I  can
> > monkey with it and shoot what would be a gross under exposure  and get  good
> > results however shouldn't have to do it that way.
>
> This is a well known problem. Although they were rightly criticized for not
> producing an
> OM to 4/3 adapter promptly, Oly did have at least one legitimate reason. When
> they did
> release it, they also released a list of lenses and aperture ranges they
> considered
> usable with it.

     I've used a few dozen MF lenses on my E-500 and a few on the E-510 and I
have yet to see this problem.  I did, and still continue to see a discrepancy
between the in-camera metering and my hand-held meters (GE PR-1 and Gossen
Lina-Six).  Generally, if I use the in-camera meter I put my thumb over the
eyepiece and set the exposure to two bars to the right of centre.

Chris