Re: [OM] more wildflowers up

Subject: Re: [OM] more wildflowers up
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 09:48:43 -0700
>   Yours seem to have more magenta in them....
Color varies with location and with time. But yes, this variety tends to
be darker than the mountain and eastside varieties.
> Were they crops?
Mostly just straightened if necessary and perhaps a minor crop of a
distracting element. Spent a lot of time on my belly :)

I'm finding that the 12~60mm makes a decent macro. The lens hood can get
in the way. Also the 105mm works well with the 25mm extension.

Added Camas last night despite the grey skies. Makes the colors very
saturated. Pup and I went out to the Westside Preserve which is a couple
miles from our place as I was hoping the camas were out. Porpoise were
heading north offshore. As I was laying on my belly I heard a whoosh,
whoosh and looked up to see a group of Orcas heading south. Found a few
more flowers out but the light was failing. Watched an otter feeding in
the rocks below. Not a bad evening!

Thanks for the comments.

Mike