Re: [OM] Legacy glass on digital cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] Legacy glass on digital cameras
From: iwert bernakiewicz <iwert.bcz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 11:39:22 +0200
I suppose it could be the screen. A long time ago I had a Katzeye in an E-1
and had the same problems.

Regarding chipped adapters: with the 5D I am now using a second hand
rayqual adapter (bought from a very friendly former list member) in
combination with the last generation of russian dandelion chip, set to
100mm f2. This keeps my shutter speed in auto iso above 1/80, and I mostly
use lenses up to 100mm. This worked out well for the trip to Porto, with
75% 35mm shift and 15% 90mm/2 and 10% 21/3.5. For the shift metering went
rather well, except when extremely shifting (not unexpected, manual
exposure anyway:). The strange thing with the 35 shift is that when
shifting completely upwards in landscape mode, the bottom (or most central
part of the image) becomes shaded (one would expect otherwise, but when
looking at the lens it is clear what happens, the opening becomes a rather
small peep hole and gets shaded).
Regarding image quality, the zuikos are still amazing in resolving power
combined with the 5Dii, the new adapter did well for the wide angles,
adapter thickness is important! There are some images I'm simply baffled
with all the detail visible...

developed with basic settings in RPP, no sharpening

Iwert