[OM] I've added my night shot to TOPE2

Subject: [OM] I've added my night shot to TOPE2
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 11:49:05 -0400
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=4354>

This is the backyard at my daughter's house in High Point, North
Carolina the morning after I shot the soccer game.  It wasn't in my plan
to submit this as the "night shot" but when I stumbled down the stairs
in the early morning for some coffee I could see this scene depicted
from the many windows along the back side of the house.

I had no idea if anything useful was going to result.  It was impossible
to focus but I recalled that the last shot at the soccer game was taken
from about 30-40 feet away at 150mm.  I was just hoping that at 14mm I'd
have something near hyperfocal distance even focused at 30 feet.  Turns
out to have been true.  I had no tripod available so rested the camera
on the railing of the back deck and pressed down hard with my hand on
top of the camera while I fired the shutter with the other.  The first
(auto) exposure was impossibly long (trying to produce daylight
apparently) so I took a guess, took a shot and then reset the shutter
speed to manual 0.6 sec for the next guess.  What you see is that shot
brightened about 1/2 stop.  The only other adjustment was to add
something from the clarity slider which had the effect of slightly
brightening the orange of the coming sunrise.  Oops.  I almost forgot.
I did clone out two very small yellow lights on the far bank as a
distraction.  I don't know what they are since no one lives there.

The small lake in the background it the town's reservoir and the bright
spot in the trees is the moon.

Chuck Norcutt