Re: [OM] I've added my night shot to TOPE2

Subject: Re: [OM] I've added my night shot to TOPE2
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 20:04:56 -0400
Thanks.  Your biggest problem might be trying to figure out how to focus
if the scene is extremely dark.  I was fortunate in having remembered
that my last shot the day before was at about 30-40 feet at 150mm.  I
figured 14mm would be good to go for a near hyperfocal effect if focused
at 30 feet and it was.  If you're going to do the night sky and have no
bright objects at suitable distances to focus on you might want to
preset the camera for hyperfocal use.  Pre-focusing at about 20 feet
should take care of you from 12 to 25mm with near focus ranging from
about 4 feet at the short end and 10 feet at 25mm and both, of course,
covering infinity.  That's assuming a resolution of 50 lines/mm or good
enough for a largish print.  If doing web images only it will be much
less stringent.

Chuck Norcutt