Re: [OM] IMGs: Thursday Wildflowers and Scenery

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: Thursday Wildflowers and Scenery
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 11:53:04 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

> > The closeups are all mostly very good.  The landscapes end up teasing
> > me.  I know there must be lots of detail in there I'd like to see but
> > the images sizes we use prevent it.
>

> Agreed on the closeups -- and a couple are really quite nice, especially
> the Clarkia and Spiderwort.  But I liked the Hewitt Canyon view 01A
> landscape.  The sun is almost ideal for backlighting the chollas.  I don't
> really mind any landscape as long as there are saguaros and organ pipes I
> can pick out.

     I took six closeups of that Spiderwort, and I had to zoom in closely to
all of them to find the best one.  Lots of saguaros everywhere, but it's a bit
early yet for their blooming period.

>This has been a good year for you!

     Yes, we had a somewhat decent amount of rain back in January and a couple
of lesser ones since then.  There is a specific sequence of weather events
beginning in late November that have to take place for us to have a really good
one, and it's been years since that happened.  Now that the SOI has shifted
significantly back into the La Nina condition it may be some time before we see
one again.  But, this year has been fair to good and it's not over yet.

Chris