Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 15: town and country

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 15: town and country
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 02:02:45 +1200
Chris B wrote

> But there are photos of heads in skull caps all over the news and the
> Internet.
>
> Chris
But not in the news media in NZ, and I don't recall seeing any on the
internet. We must move in different circles.

There must be a population of Jews in Auckland (NZ's largest city with
approx. 1.4 million peeps) because every so often the Jewish cemetery is
desecrated with swastikas and so on and there is a huge fuss and some
idiot is brought before a court of law - which results in a newspaper entry;
and in Wellington the capital city I think some also. But never any pics.
except maybe of the headstones and graffiti.

I *did* look very hard at the top of the head to try and see what caused the
black straight line against his white hair, and couldn't see any detail at all.
As
a result I was completely mystified as to the reason. I should have saved the
image and manipulated it in FastStone; that could have brought out hidden
detail.

I continue to plead ignorance ...

Yes, I *have* seen photos of skull-caps, but so rarely, and the last time -
goodness knows how many years ago - that the idea of somebody wearing
one in a public place never crossed my mind. At all.

Brian Swale