Re: [OM] Some days you do choose wisely

Subject: Re: [OM] Some days you do choose wisely
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 11:41:06 -0500
>>   I believe digital is not yet mature. ....
> Well digital is here to stay and it that sense it's "mature".

It's a mature technology in that we've long since reached the point of
sufficiency. Almost all of the advancements are not in the imaging
system, but in video, live-view and other user enhancements. The 99%
of the photographers, anything made in the past five years is going to
exceed requirements by a country mile.

"Mature" doesn't mean that it won't experience any more developments
or improvements. What "Mature" means is that any further improvements
will be incremental or minimal and won't hold the majority back if
they don't run right out and buy it the first week.

Believe it or not, there is STILL improvements in film technology. Not
much, but it's there. One doesn't have to look any farther than the
new Kodak Portra 400. That film is bloody amazing and gives the
professional photographer a viable alternative to digital for
real-world wedding/portrait photography.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx