Re: [OM] Zuiko 35-80 EBay

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 35-80 EBay
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 16:24:37 +0100
Truth be told, I dodn't know the word existed, but felt that monopsony
wasn't quite right. So I guessed.

It's not the Scots English you need to worry about, Bob, it's probably
closer to American Southern than you realize (certainly ought to be closer
to Cajun), no, it's the Scots Gaelic on the road signs that is there to
catch you. Much of the time you can make the connection, so Caol Loch Ailse
could be recognised as Kyle of Lochalsh - but Obar Dheathain is not so
obviously Aberdeen. And you just have to know that An Gearasdan is Fort
William! At least you only have to read them. Ordering a "pint" of a local
brew named after a local mountain is easy if it's Ben Nevis, but can be
challenging when it's An Teallach (and next to impossible if it's Liathach!

You'll be finding out soon enough

Piers