[OM] Zuiko 35-80 EBay

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 35-80 EBay
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 15:45:17 -0400 (EDT)
To play devil's advocate, has anyone pixel peeped and compared to the
Tammy 65A? Photodo scores are identical at 3.6 and MTF curves
remarkably similiar though the
off axis astigmatism more marked at the short end with the Tammy. I
have had trouble focusing it at 35mm and the corners nvere really get
tack sharp
at 35mm but do so at longer FL. The Presitgious Zuiko is 10X the cost
but has reputation as holding up beautifully on FF digital with a very
nice rendition. Perhaps the ED elements?
A couple year's ago a whole batch of new old stock appeared at quite a
nice price but I was at work and a bit too slow--they went in minutes.

The Tammy infinity focusing positions are not at the same point
--confirmed by John as normal for that lens and my copy is now cranky
and dramatically off parfocal and in to John for a look
see.

http://www.photodo.com/lens/Tamron-SP-35105mm-f28-497

see image tab for MTF curves

Itching to bid, Mike