Re: [OM] OT: Pentacchio Shifting

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Pentacchio Shifting
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 20:51:47 -0400
No, I think that means that the *design* of the lens incorporates a
larger image circle covering the same field of view as an 18mm lens.
But that doesn't mean you can capture that full field on a 35mm frame.
The size of the good quality image circle is larger than 24mm to
accommodate the edge of the field of a shifted lens.

Chuck Norcutt