Re: [OM] Reasonable price for a Vers. 2 Bellows?

Subject: Re: [OM] Reasonable price for a Vers. 2 Bellows?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 01:44:56 -0700
On 4/21/2013 12:40 AM, Dimitri Katsaros wrote:
> Chuck... Thanks. I saw those two and OlympusUSA DOES look very sketchy item
> listed as located in the US but ships from outside the US? Weird. The second
> one you mentioned looks great, but is a version 1.
>
> Moose... see http://www.alanwood.net/photography/olympus/auto-bellows.html
> where he states:
>
> "The original version, introduced in 1972, includes white 1× and 1.5× marks
> for 50mm lenses and orange 1× and 1.5× marks for the manual Zuiko 1:1 Macro
> 80mm f/4 lens in conjunction with the Slide Copier. The later version,
> introduced in 1980, retains the white marks for 50mm lenses and the orange
> marks for the manual Zuiko 1:1 Macro 80mm f/4 lens, and additionally has
> green 1× and 1.5× marks for the Zuiko Auto-1:1 Macro 80mm f/4 lens."

Ah, I was aware of the added magnification marks, but Alan has made up the idea
of separate versions 1 and 2.

Its simply a couple of additional markings on the rail. If you are looking for
a piece to fill a specific gap in a
collection, it makes a difference. If you are looking for function, they are
all identical. I or any of several others
can photograph one so you can mark the appropriate spots. The gear rack makes
that easy to do accurately.

The metal strips with the markings on them are set slightly below the surface
that the nylon blocks ride on, so tape
with markings on it would work without modifying the rail at all.

> Is there any place other than eBay to look? Any is there any kind of price
> guide?

No. Before digital knocked film gear prices all awry, we had pretty useful
guidelines, but no more.

BTW, if you have the 80/4 Auto lens, and would like the custom Close-up Lens
80mm Macro f=170mm for it, I have a spare
available for sale.

Bellows Moose