Re: [OM] Some days you do choose wisely

Subject: Re: [OM] Some days you do choose wisely
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 14:49:01 -0700
On 4/21/2013 9:17 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Thus spoke Neutral Density (no flash) Moose... who did not consider that
> a neutral density filter works against the flash thus requiring even
> higher flash power which is already working against daylight.

Sorry - well not really. The last time I can recall using flash outdoors in
daylight was well over 20 years ago, and
that was in dappled sunlight under a tree. (T32 TTL Auto nailed it.)

Even if using fill flash, IF your camera has reduced DR at it's lowest ISO, AND
you want to hold background highlights
outdoors, you still may want to use a one stop ND filter and higher ISO.

The whole point of my post was to be aware if your camera has diminished DR at
it's lowest ISO, as some do, and take
that into account when shooting in high brightness range conditions.

When in doubt, open shade and/or bracketing are your friends.

Dr. No Flash