[OM] Reasonable price for a Vers. 2 Bellows?

Subject: [OM] Reasonable price for a Vers. 2 Bellows?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 23:41:43 -0400 (EDT)
>>But, I am curious. Have you done
>>any experiments in comparing image quality between using the close up
vs. just
>>using the 80 straight and then cropping the image

It is a matched achromatic CU lens so it should outperform cropping a
1:1 image in most circumstances but Moose's question
how  the CU lens with the 80mmo on the autotube compares to the same
mags on the bellows sans CU lens is intriguing.
I have read that optically well matched TC's can induce fewer
aberrations than extension but have no clue about the CU lenses.
On the other hand the autotube with CU lens looses almost no light
where one loses another stop going from 1:1 to 2:1 on a bellows with
that lens
and it is less fussy using the autotube than using a bellows.  On the
other other hand, 2:1 mag is always fussy and requires good technique.

Not enough hands, Mike