[OM] IMGs No Headaches [was Reasonable price for a Vers. 2 Bellows?]

Subject: [OM] IMGs No Headaches [was Reasonable price for a Vers. 2 Bellows?]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 20:28:17 -0700
On 4/22/2013 4:20 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Perhaps you are referring to ...
> even if known gives me headache to think about as it also changes with
> focusing distance. Nykon cams will often give the true effective
> aperture in the VF with macro lenses--cooool.

Yes, about the headache, not about the rest, as that's what's threatening to
give me a headache.

This is all very well, I suppose, but I really don't want to know much more
than is needed to make images.

In film days, when one couldn't see the results right away and extra shots cost
real money, I can see the need to master
at least some of this stuff. For that, and John Shaw's lovely guidebooks are
wondrous.

These days? Well, the first bearded Iris is open, I take it's picture, as I do
every year. They are such a show-offs!
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=4591>

Then slip the 10 mm extension tube on, set aperture and EV compensation, let
the camera decide shutter speed and ISO,
watch the magnified image on the LCD bounce around, pick what seems a
propitious moment, push the button - et voilà , a
nicely framed and exposed macro shot.
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=4593>

If something is off, adjust and push the button again, repeat if necessary.

If it looks a bit flat right out of the ORF file,
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=4595>

punch it up a bit. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=4597>

If you aren't Moose, maybe punch it up a little less. :-)

All in less time than it would take to start to get together the formulas to
calculate all that stuff.

Images Not Math Moose