[OM] : Re: IMG: Mockingbird via Layers

Subject: [OM] : Re: IMG: Mockingbird via Layers
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 02:30:35 +1200
Jim wrote
> Hi Chuck,
>
> Thanks for the update.  I also find selections to be difficult and time
> consuming.  For my old hands and eyes, I think the approach that you
> outlined will work best

As I write this, I know full well that in moments when you make an image
capture such as this, there is no choice otherwise, 99% of the time.

But the main problem in my opinion, is that the light was dreadful. What all
this discussion has shown is that if the light is difficult, all the tweaking
in the
world might not make the shot work. It's not for nothing that people have
said that light is everything..

For most of the discussion I was reduced to very slow dialup, so was not
able to look at most of the remedies due to file size ( and therefore time)
considerations. But I was surprised about the extent to which the various
techniques could minimise the problems.

Brian Swale