Re: [OM] IMG: Eggs!

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Eggs!
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 21:00:21 -0400
I understand perfectly well that L-argenine is part of the production
path to nitric oxide.  What I object to is the association of the 1998
Nobel prize with L-argenine or any other association of the Nobel prize
with improved heart or cardiovascular health.  The Nobel prize was given
for the discovery that nitric oxide was a signaling molecule.  It had
not previously been realized that a gas could play such a role.

It was indeed a huge discovery.  However that discovery plays no part in
the marketing or claims for the efficacy of L-arginine that have
appeared since.  As I commented in an earlier thread, I was a bit
bothered to see so many people writing reviews of Ignarro's book making
that same erroneous assumption.

That's why I said:  "Read carefully"

Chuck Norcutt