Re: [OM] Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

Subject: Re: [OM] Invitation to connect on LinkedIn
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 08:53:04 -0400
That's right. The strings are very important. In American football, which
rarely uses the feet, hence the term football, there are two guards on the
offensive line, one on each side of the center in a balanced line. The first
string refers to being a starter, as in getting the most playing time. In high
school, we tended to have two complete "strings" with a smattering of
third-stringers who showed possibility. This was back in the day when everyone
automatically didn't get to play. I played because I could, and because I got
to hug all the cheerleaders after the game.

--Blocking Bob