Re: [OM] Extended warranty

Subject: Re: [OM] Extended warranty
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 10:25:59 +1000
I think you're talking more 'new car' dealers - I don't buy new cars. Ever. I
leave that to people who can afford to waste money.
I don't wash and polish them much either - it only encourages them.
Run 'em till they die and dispose of them carefully.

The 'undercoating/rustproofing' industry here has pretty much vanished. Firstly
people realised that cars really don't rust very much here. Secondly it was
proved that they were drilling holes into sealed body sections to spray in the
compound and that actually accelerated any rust problems. A bit of rubberised
undercoating underneath and in key areas cuts down on noise but that's about it.
Things that work - WD40, Scotchguard and Armourall do 90%.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com
Author/Publisher: The SLR Compendium - http://www.blurb.com/books/3732813