Re: [OM] Extended warranty

Subject: Re: [OM] Extended warranty
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 20:05:41 +0200
While I am not in total disagreement, I have only ever bought 2 brand
spanking new cars the second one I stilll own  and its 13 years old now.
A  UK car magazine recently found that there are deals where you can
actually buy a new car for less than a newish second hand version.

When I worked in the UK in the late 80's one of my colleagues bought a
new car and kept it for 10 years to offset the depreciation, which
wasn't too bad a plan especially now (tough in those days) that cars
seem to be able to manage quite a few years without rusting or needing
an engine rebuild. I personally hope I can get to 20 years with mine and
then it would have been a good buy.