Re: [OM] Extended warranty

Subject: Re: [OM] Extended warranty
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 09:13:27 +1000
Careful of those third party warranties. Would you buy one on a camera?.
Dealers get commission on them and some really push them. I took a 3-year one
once as an add on to the deal and then discovered that I had to have the car
serviced every 3 months or it would lapse! And there were lots of things not
covered. Fortunately a friend at the time was a garage owner and happy to give
me a stamp so long as I took it to him for an annual service. Unfortunately
there are few such warranties on offer here - last one I saw was at least 6
monthly/10,000km intervals.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com