Re: [OM] Phone Photo Apps

Subject: Re: [OM] Phone Photo Apps
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 11:46:37 -0700
A cell phone around here isn't much use. I have to drive about 1/2mi to
get 2bars...maybe.  Mostly used when I travel to "America" as we call
it. To give you an example, I use a Tracfone. Came with 1425 min good
for 425 days for $100. So about $7 /mo. With a month and a half left I
still have over 1000 minutes remaining. Tracfone contracts with Verizon
for towers around here and it works with my CDMA phone. GSM phones suck
in rural areas mostly. ATT and TMobil concentrate their service along
the interstate corridors where the $$'s are and where they can get away
with crappy customer support. (check Consumer Reports about that)

On another note, our local power coop is looking into providing county
wide wifi and high speed internet bundled with phone service at very
competitive rates. :thumbsup.gif:

<http://www.opalco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Findings-2-19-13.pdf>

I would be interested to hear from anyone with a similar system up and
running.

Mike