Re: [OM] So the geek in me...

Subject: Re: [OM] So the geek in me...
From: Frank Wijsmuller <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 23:06:34 +0200
A fellow photoclub member has one. He controls it with his Samsung tablet,
which is neat. He made pictures of birds in his garden that would have been
impossible when he was in person behind the camera.

He is less enthusiastic about its low light AF capabilities.

I tried live view with my 35-80mm and was not impressed. Not very
intuitive, but then I didn't study the manual.

I'll stick to my beeping AF chip on my 5D classic and wait for the full
frame Sony mirrorless offer (or Fuji, if they decide on it). Won't be
before 2014 though, so a 6D might be the way to go.

On a side note. A D800 owner in the club decided to buy a Sony RX100
compact because the Nik*n was so huge to take along all the time. And she
ended up with all photo assignments 'because she obviously was a pro' ;-).
I smiled and noticed some 'mirrorless envy'...

Best, and enjoy your selection & buying process ;-).

Frank.

PS OM has a big viewfinder, but these Canons? Well not the 5D, imho.