Re: [OM] E-M5 battery cautions

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 battery cautions
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 16:33:57 -0500
Hi Chuck,

This post prompted me to check out a couple of non-OEM batteries I purchased
some time ago for the E-1.  Heeding your dire words of warning, I charged
them, and checked that they would function, and then put them on top of my
bookcase.  I'm sure they have been there for more than a year.  I just
checked each of them in the E-1 and they appear fully charged and
functional.  Of course, they could ignite my house next time I charge them,
but I feel they would be useful if an emergency battery need should arise.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA