Re: [OM] IMG: Eggs! (long, but worth reading)

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Eggs! (long, but worth reading)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 May 2013 10:03:37 -0400
I went back to PubMed looking for more specific references to L-arginine
supplementation.  I stopped looking when I found this 2008 paper.
Abstract here: <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18090660>

L-Arginine therapy in cardiovascular pathologies: beneficial or dangerous?

 From the recent finding section: "In clinical trials short to
medium-term administration of L-arginine improved the symptoms of
cardiovascular disease. In other trials, however, L-arginine was not
beneficial and in one recent long-term study higher mortality of
subjects receiving L-arginine than those receiving placebo was reported."

I have no access to the full paper and don't know what studies are being
referenced.  But I'm not looking any further.

Chuck Norcutt