Re: [OM] About nothing at all - Ian

Subject: Re: [OM] About nothing at all - Ian
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 09:00:58 +0200
Hi Phillipe,

My story is probably different from others, my wife thought it would be
a good idea to get an elektro bike to travel t work and general
shopping, I thought this a good idea, with the thought of me using it
for work occasionally to get me started, I have a 30 meter steep climb
as soon as I leave work so I viewed it as a good idea to get me started.

Some of you may know that I tried two day a week fasting, well my
interpretation, eat in the evening miss breakfast and dinner and then
eat what I liked next evening much to my wifes annoyance, this failed
miserable and after 6 months my long term sugar has risen significantly
(cholesterol too but that doesn't worry me so much) so much so that I am
in real danger of developing diabetes so drastic action was required.

Around the same time I decided to pop into a bicycle shop nearby that
stocks cannondale, purely out of curiosity and there I saw the neo
emotion jumper and thought that looks good, one of the things I miss
about being in Switzerland is trail riding and as two strokes are pretty
much banned and any such offroad riding would certainly lead to arrest I
saw the bicycle as an alternative - giving me freedom to explore without
annoying anyone - however there seems to be debate about that even
amongst MTB riders.

So I went home did some research read reviews and decided to buy it, I
went to buy on credit card but he said he didn't do that but gave me a
10 percent discount for cash.

I also agreed to fast under my wifes supervision as I still think it's
good idea health wise so now I have a proper Swiss muesli in the morning
and maybe a Zweibak or Ryvita with cottage cheese and linseed oil in the
evening and that is until next day.

I am now losing weight and starting to feel fitter and better, soon I
will know the effect on my blood sugar which hopefully has dropped
consederable, BTW I don't consider myself hugely overweight but it's all
around my belly and I must be more at risk than others.

Now to answer your question there are only 3 or 4 main systems around
and they have slightly different characteristics most dealers will let
you test ride and I suggest you do that. The one I have is what's know
as a pedelec i.e. it doesn't have a throttle and only assists if you are
pedalling but then it doesn't need to be registered. what swung me to
jumper is that the neo emotion system uses a 350KW motor limited to
250KW and is supposed to have more torque, also the torque sensor is one
of the best which alters the riding experience hence the recommendation
to try a few out.

Mine was near the top end price wise but less than I have spent on fuji
equipment since getting the XPro-1 :-) and it looks great and will
hopefully last a few years

I hope that's helpful

IanW