Re: [OM] About nothing at all

Subject: Re: [OM] About nothing at all
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 16:58:23 +1000
Now that is interesting. I see that the Australian and French figures are
fairly close but the rate is boosted in France by the numbers of motorcycle
deaths. Similarly, in  the UK the death rate is less than half due to vehicle
occupants whereas out vehicle death rate is around 2/3rds. The Australian and
American figures are comparable - with much higher ownership rates than Europe
and less than a third of deaths occurring to 'other causes' such as motorbike,
pedestrian, bicycles and 'other'.
I'd suspect that traffic in Europe tends to move slower and hit more poor sods
on the roads outside cars.
"The WHO named six countries that have steadily reduced road deaths –
Australia, Canada, France, the Netherlands, Sweden and the UK."
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com
Author/Publisher: The SLR Compendium - http://www.blurb.com/books/3732813