Re: [OM] PS imbroglio--Creative cloud (CC) etc

Subject: Re: [OM] PS imbroglio--Creative cloud (CC) etc
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 07:36:18 -0400
I'm thinking the advances in Lightroom suggest that my current version of CS6
may have been my last Photoshop upgrade. At some point it's just not worth it.
Moose might disagree, but I already find I can do 98 percent of what I want to
do in Lightroom, and with the increasing sophistication of plugins such as NIK
and OnOne, CS becomes more hassle than help. Or maybe I'm just getting old and
grumpy.

The key in the quote you posted is "not a lot of photography specific value in
our subscription products." Adobe is moving away from photographers with its
creative suites. I wonder if there's economics in that. Photography doesn't
generate the money it used to generate unless it's part of a grander scheme of
graphic design.

Lightroom is where it's at. Especially if you're getting old and grumpy.

--Bob