Re: [OM] God bless the USA

Subject: Re: [OM] God bless the USA
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 11:34:00 +0100
Chris

I'll have a look through your collection, something I admit that I have done
for a few years.

I had forgotten that link between Jesus and the USA (is that an "inalienable
right", I wonder).

But I suppose that I meant that the patriotic message was somehow compromised
by its position on the cross, an instrument of death, of ignomony.  That
positioning compromises the message of the country's greatness.  But it also
adds to the artistry and perhaps to the humorous irony of the image's message.

Thanks

Chris