Re: [OM] The engineer in me...

Subject: Re: [OM] The engineer in me...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 07:40:06 -0400
I don't understand what you're trying to do but it sounds to me as
though you want to scan a negative such that when it's printed on an
inkjet printer that it looks like your silver print.  If that's what
you're trying to do it seems to me that you're missing a large part of
the equation.

The silver print looks like it does because of that particular paper's
specific effects in reducing the dynamic range of the negative to that
of the paper.  A similar effect of specific reduction of dynamic range
will occur when you print the digital scan via inkjet to a particular
paper.  I think what you need to capture is the difference between the
silver and the inkjet print since both are the result of starting with
the negative in their own processes.

Chuck Norcutt