Re: [OM] IMG: 40,000!

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: 40,000!
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 06:56:25 +0200
That was exactly my point. Without the advent of digital photography and the
web, the microstock phenomenon would not have happened. The changes are mainly
on the supply side; on the demand side, magazines still appear (some online,
not on paper), annual reports are still being published (in fact, more than
ever, since companies now also do environmental annual reports and various
other PR stuff), etc. But on the supply side, pictures that are good enough for
those purposes are available for pennies. This is what has changed. It is not
about "destroying" a market, it is simply a market shift driven by technology.

I have a friend who does high-end advertising photography. He flies around the
world and photographs famous models on the beaches of Brazil and other such
locations. The shoots he is involved are veritable productions, with stylists,
make-up people etc. His world is not affected by microstock, or any other stock
for that matter.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman