Re: [OM] IMG: 40,000!

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: 40,000!
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 10:49:52 +0100
I was about to say that that was not convincing, Andrew, but I decided to look
up "pusillus" in a Cassell's Latin dictionary: the word means "very small,
tiny, puny".  But then there is a set of transferred meanings mentioned later
in the entry, "b, of courage, animus, timid . . "

So the basis for the current meaning is there.  And I suppose "animus" means
"soul" or "spirit" leading to "small-spirited" (my words).

However, this all came about because I didn't really understand the meaning of
"chicken shit" as used by Moose  . . .  I thought it meant "useless" or
"rubbish".  But then I use "chicken shit" as rarely as I use "pusillanimous",
so my lack of understanding is not surprising.

So, let's see how frequently we can use the longer word.

Chris