[OM] (OM) OT PC backup programs

Subject: [OM] (OM) OT PC backup programs
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 12:38:11 +1200
A call for advice please.

I have noticed slightly increasing noise from my PC hard-drive lately, and
have decided to get a stand-alone hard-drive for back-up. Also sometimes
the PC baulks at starting as it should.

I haven't done this until now due to money considerations, but I think the
time has come to take the next step.

I have installed a Newegg SATA controller card, obtained through the help
of Chuck ( Newegg will not sell to New Zealand), so that part is ready. I'm
running Windows XP. Dick Smith, an electronics retailer is just 7 km distant.

Please advise what back-up / restore programs are recommended,
preferably which will do periodic additions to backup.

Many thanks.

Brian Swale