Re: [OM] Early morning at St Pancras

Subject: Re: [OM] Early morning at St Pancras
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 21:37:51 +0200
Used to be a nice dusty, smelly and windy station (circa 1970) - looks
as though it is somewhat frigid now - I can still hear the 1000-doors
trains slamming away before departure :-)
It was at a time when British Rail regretted it had to regret that due
to a shortage of chalk no regrets could be posted on the notice
boards ...
Also "Kids in Quids out" or was it the converse then?

;-)

I love both statues though, and you paid a nice tribute to the new
place - Thanks Chris

Amitiés
Philippe

Le 22 mai 13 à 20:18, Chris Barker a écrit :

> I stayed in London last night after being on duty until late,
> supervising some like these:
>
> <http://images.threeshoes.biz/gallery/27301110_shbBGx#!i=2528409457&k=pM4ZXGQ&lb=1&s=A
>

> But I awoke early, unable to sleep past 0500, so I headed for home
> via King's Cross railway station. I was early for my 0723 train so I
> went next door to St Pancras International to look around.  It was
> nearly deserted at train level so I took some photos of the
> attractions:
>
> <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=5473>
>
> . . . and around 5 photos to the right of that.
>
> It's a smashing place, now that it has been refurbished for the
> Eurostar etc . . .
>
> Chris
> --

to the eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
NO ARCHIVE