Re: [OM] Computer Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Computer Question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 13:13:25 -0700
On 5/23/2013 12:54 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
> There is an external plug on the side of my laptop labeled eSata.  Can I
> plug the external drive in there?

YesBut. The only external drive cases for eSATA that I know of use a separate
power supply, as the eSATA connection
can't provide power for the drive.

So it you are thinking about those cute little portable drives that connect to
USB with only the one cable, I think not.

OTOH, for light weight external drive connections, the USB on the little drives
is fine.

For connecting to a home eSATA drive, perfect! Just unplug from the main
computer and plug into the portable computer

Drive Me Batty Moose