Re: [OM] OT. SSDrive

Subject: Re: [OM] OT. SSDrive
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 20:12:24 +0930
On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 12:27:51AM +0100, JOHN DUGGAN wrote:
> The only minor quibble is that my Phillips Toucam and usb microscope
> will no longer work as they are not supported by windows 64 bit. I am
> sure that I will find some other programs are not supported, but overall
> I am very pleased with the outcome. It is in effect a new machine for a
> modest outlay.

John,

If these are driver issues (rather than program issues), and the devices
have drivers suitable for Vista, then there is a good chance that the
vista driver will work under W7. My Epson scanner and printer are fine
using a Vista(64-bit) driver under W7.

In respect of programs, many will work (and some won't!!) if one of the
compatibility modes are selected. For example, I wasn't able to get
Camera Updater to work with my OM-D until I set compatibility mode to
WinXP.  Conversely I tried for several hours to get Protel Autotrax (DOS
program) to work... I gave up (and installed gEDA on my unix machine!).

davidt