Re: [OM] IMG: Beer!

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Beer!
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 14:25:13 +0000
Yeah, Smuttynose beers are not bad. I live in the next town over and have
been to that brewery many times. There's some other local breweries that
are as good or better though. Throwback in Hampton NH is my current
favorite for interesting beers.

That said, home brewing generally trumps almost all commercial brews I
have ever had. Eastern Brewer's Bourbon Barrel Porter for example, is the
gold standard of porters, I think. Easily better than the Smuttynose
offering which tastes almost one-dimensional in comparison.  I think it
takes some pretty special commercial brews, e.g. $35+ bottles of rare
small batch stuff, to equal the best home brewing results.

As an aside there's a fairly new brewpub in Portsmouth called the Thirsty
Moose, with something like 160-200 beers on tap.

-Ed