[OM] OT PC backup programs

Subject: [OM] OT PC backup programs
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 17:23:42 -0400 (EDT)
Have to agree with Dr. Backup not to write off USB3.0. I believe it
still has to eventually
use a sata protocol at some point, which entails overhead, but supports
bulk stream
for large data transfers. It can outperform esata if implemented well
in some tasks, handles more power than USB2 and more wisely (can
conserve power for laptops--IF done well) . AFAIK NEC has the chips and
the drivers but windoze 8 finally does natively support USB 3. Msoft
never made the  Windoze RE  for W7 (recovery environment) to support
USB3 so a disaster recovery would be at USB 2 speeds---a disadvantage
but hopefully won't happen often. Would be sure to check the drive is
seen in the recovery method used as well --USUALLY is OK but would not
want that surprise.
My little USB3 Lacie drive works fine enough for me.

No expert, and just my 2c, Mike