Re: [OM] OK, maybe I'm missing something...

Subject: Re: [OM] OK, maybe I'm missing something...
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 09:36:20 +1000
They're in my book!  :-)
FT = 38.58mm
mFT = 19.25mm
That's a huge difference - probably not even macro work is possible! I've
mounted a screw mount Leica lens on an Olympus E-3, from memory, and the field
of focus was short and close - thats's just over an 11mm difference, not over
19mm.
Of course, the other way around works well with the adapter.
Almost every regular SLR is well over 40mm which is why the FT cameras make
good vehicles for any heritage lenses. The exception is Alpa at 37mm. That was
deliberate because Alpa wanted to be able to mount a lot of different lenses
and to service the scientific community.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com
Author/Publisher: The SLR Compendium - http://www.blurb.com/books/3732813